- 50 suites including 19 underground - a unique experience
- All rooms have a colour TV
- WiFi to every room
- IDD phones
- Hair dryer and iron
- Mini-bar and refrigerator
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Coin operated laundry facilities
- Room service
- Luggage store
- Baby sitting by arrangement
- Safety deposit
- Business services
- Tourist information and tour bookings
- Agent for Regional Express Airlines
- Transfers to the Ghan, airport and bus depot by arrangement
- Translation services
- Major credit cards accepted
Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the property.
Underground shopping arcade including
Opal World with an extensive range of opal and opal jewellery. We offer 10% discount for all guests. All opal purchases are guaranteed. Visit the Precious Gems of Australia on-line store, buy opal and jewellery, and have it delivered to you anywhere in the world. Speedy service, amazingly competitive pricing, multiple display currencies and lots of payment options.
- Award winning historic display on mining, opal and the unique nature of living in Outback Australia
- Umberto's Restaurant, where the food is excellent and the atmosphere relaxing.
- The Crystal Cafe is open for breakfast, lunches, coffee & cakes.
- Relax in the World's only Underground Bar and Gaming Room
Holding a conference at the Desert Cave Hotel could lead to the most successful event you have ever held. The power and magic that Coober Pedy weaves over our guests adds something quite unique and special to conferences.
Delegates will meet in a spectacular natural environment where there are few external distractions. The opal fields of Coober Pedy themselves are inspirational and the clean fresh air is very conducive to creative and clear thinking. At the end of the day the peace of the Outback will relax active minds.
Our Convention Facilities have seating for up to 180 delegates and we can provide break-out rooms as well as an auditorium.
Two Hotels; the luxurious Desert Cave Hotel and the lively Opal Inn Hotel, with distinctly different restaurants, accommodate delegates according to their preference and budget.
Experiences, such as discovering the wonders of Coober Pedy, or sipping Champagne Cocktails at sunset as the Breakaways become mysteriously alive with light, simply cannot be discovered anywhere else in Australia and so your conference becomes unique.
We will assist you in experiencing the magic of this destination to create an event that your delegates will never forget.
The Convention Room seats:
- 120 Banquet Style
- 180 Theatre Style
The Convention room has a stage, dance floor and bar facilities.
We can provide a variety of equipment and services, private telephone lines, flower arrangements, musicians, secretarial/support services, reception services etc., and we are able to cater for various set-ups. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Cost (All transactions are processed in AUD)
|Use of Convention Room only|
|Afternoon or morning Tea/coffee/biscuits||$7.50 per person|
|Other foods||on application|
|Hire of appliances etc.||on application|
Distance: to Venue 25km
Cost: on application
Price: includes Australian Sparkling Wine, Beer, Australian Wine and Deluxe Canapes